Monday, August 2, 2010

Immersion -- Final Week

My last week of immersion was another productive week. Since I am staying in NYC to continue my research, I had to prepare and present my final presentation for the class on Tuesday. I think the presentation went well, and that everyone got the general idea of the project I worked on over the summer -- which was cardiac T1 mapping with MRI.

In addition, I had a few conference calls with my Mentor and GE to discuss future collaboration this fall, and it looks like I will be getting a paper out of the work I did this summer, and future work I will do this fall.

All in all, this summer has been a great experience. I was able to see Cardiac MRI, Cardiac Electro-physiology, Cardiac Echo (and TEE), open-heart-surgery, rounds in the CCICU, rounds in Cardiac Telemetry, Nuclear Imaging and Nuclear stress tests, and finally a pacemaker implant. Being able to see all of these activities in Cardiology, has definitely helped me gain insight into both how the heart works when healthy and also how the heart works and is fixed in diseased states. I now am more aware of the clinical aspect of my PhD research in Cardiac MRI. Thanks again to Drs. Wang and Frayer for organizing immersion.

No comments:

Post a Comment